What is the WORST Christmas special on TV?
I love Christmas.
I love TV specials.
So therefore, by simple algebra (or geometry or trigonometry, i am really bad at math…) if Christmas =A and TV Specials =B then A+B = C.
I should love Christmas specials.
And I do, some of them. Classic animated fare like Rudolph or Frosty. Or great movies like “Christmas Vacation” or “Elf.” I guarantee those will be on a bunch at the AtwoodZoo over the next couple of weeks. (The TV version of Christmas Vacation – I made a significant parenting error a couple of years ago by starting to watch the DVD version of Christmas Vacation…uhm, a little more less-than-family-friendly than i remembered…)
I will try to get someone at home to watch “It’s a Wonderful Life” or “White Christmas” and we will for sure see “Charlie Brown Christmas.” But for all the really great Christmas shows there are, there are a ton of crazy bad Christmas specials.
And so as a public service to help you X-out the worst of the Xmas specials, I have compiled a list of some of the ones I find particularly horrific:
- An Elf’s Story – Creepy elf on a shelf, turned into a 30-minute commercial for the creepy elf on a shelf
- A Very Brady Christmas – Just when you thought it was safe to watch the Brady Bunch
- Christmas Shoes – I want to like it, I feel like I am the Grinch if I do not like it. But I can’t
- Hoops and YoYo Christmas – I like Hoops and Yoyo (much more than I like Christmas Shoes,) but I do not like commercials dressed up as Christmas specials.
- I Want a Dog for Christmas Charlie Brown – might as well have said “We made a zillion dollars off the first special, let’s see if we can make almost a zillion dollars with a cruddy special…”
- A Flintstone Christmas Yabba Dabba don’t watch
- A Chipmunk Christmas – Chipmunks are annoying; Chipmunks hopped on eggnog are especially annoying.
Hope this helps.
What are some of your best worst Christmas specials?