What I learned listening to the “50’s on 5” on SiriusXM today.
Wow, this was fun. Lots of “Doo-wops” and “Shang-a-lang-a-lang’s.”
Favorite moments of the day:
1. Best line of the day from “Johnny Angry.” “i want a brave man, I want a cave man.”
2. The same song also featured kazoo’s. So pretty awesome, huh…?
3. Elvis could really sing, he was not just a peanut butter and banana eating caricature.
4. Seems like every drummer on every song used a brush on their snare drum.
5. The song “Having a party” by Sam Cooke was really slow, not really uptempo versions I’ve heard. It was cool.
6.i have no idea what Chuck Berry was singing about in “Roll Over Beethoven.”
7. “Let’s Go To The Hop” is all kinds of fun.
8. So is “Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini.”
9. And “lollipop, lollipop.”
10. And “Twist and Shout.”
Now I see why every Amusement Park in the world has a show, cheesy as it may be, devoted to ’50’s music. It is just plain fun.