What I learned listening to SiriusXM today – Day Two
Today was Day Two of my experiment to listen to all of the channels on SiriusXM.
Today was Channel 3 – “20 on 20.”
Some key observations from today:
- Amy Winehouse sang a song called “Rehab.” I know some of the history. I don’t think I know any of her songs, but it all just seems like a waste now. Sure she was a mess, but she was somebody’s mess.
- “We the Kings.” Not sure if the name of this band a take-off on the old Christmas song “We Three King” but I do know they sure groove a lot more than that song.
- Lady Antebellum – All I kind think of when I heard this band on this station was the old song on Sesame Street. “One of these things is not like the other.”
- J.Lo – “Papi” – is this the original J.Lo or is this J.Lo 2.0?
- “Party Rock Anthem” – I heard this on the way to take my baby to middle school. (Note to self – there will probably lots of stations in the days ahead I cannot listen to with the girls in the car…) And I was told that the “Shuffling…” part is a really big thing with the boys in 7th grade. Who knew?
- Mentioned it this morning, but Meddz sampled a generic voicemail. Just weird….
- There doesn’t seem to be quite as much nastiness on Channel 3 as Channel 2.
- Spoke too soon – “Cab” is looking for a “Bad Girl.” Why do they need a song for this? Can’t they just go to Craigslist or Vegas for that?
- Foo Fighters – “Walk” – I like the Foo Fighters, but this song sounds like a bad Nickleback karaoke band.
- The Beyonce song “Countdown” gives me a headache.
- If you don’t use the little accent thing over the “e” on her name, her name is just Bee-Yawnce.
- I’m not sure but I am pretty sure that Shaggy’s song “SugarCane” is about something more than just an agricultural product.
- I am not exactly sure what the song “Gucci Gucci” by Kreashawn is all about but it is super fun.
- If I write the phrase “super fun” in a post I am not nearly cool enough to be listening to Channel 3.
Tomorrow is Channel 4 – the 40’s…feels like that will be a bit different from today.