Countdownt to Christmas
Countdown to Christmas – Day Fourteen
When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, "Let's go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about."
I love thinking about what is NOT said in the Bible. As in the conversation after this verse.
Don't you wish you could have tagged along as the shepherds hustled into town. Here are some things I think that might have been said along the way:
- What was that?
- Seriously, are you guys buying any of this?
- Are we on Candid Camera?
- 'Don't be afraid'…yeah right.
- Do we get overtime for this?
- Was that angel a guy or a girl?
- Do you think the angel was doing this all over town? Wonder where he went first?
- Where the rest of those guys come from? First it was one guy, then like a thousand…
- Wouldn't it have been easier if those guys just gave us a lift into town?
- Last one there is a rotten egg.
- Did anyone get an address?
- I mean I got ' you will find him in a manger' Anyone get anything more specific than that?