random observations from five days in orlando
- I think there is a direct correlation between the number of tattoo’s a person has and their propensity to glare at their child and say, "Boy…don’t you give me no reason to start counting."
- Speedo’s must still be very popular in many parts of Europe.
- Grilled turkey legs seem to be more popular than ever at theme parks throughout Florida.
- There is something especially unsettling about watching Europeans in a Speedo’s walking around theme parks eating a turkey leg.
- To the lady who gave me the dirty look when Suzie hugged Barney at the Universal Studios "too bad."
- I think that in about ten years there will be LOTS of people with "tattoo regret."
- It seems to me that there is a direct correlation between the girth of a person and the likelihood that they will be wearing a wristband that signifies they have chosen the "all you can eat" dining option at a theme park.
- We love water parks.
- That said, it is always a bit disconcerting to see the people with whom you have chosen to bath. (see note above about Europeans and turkey legs.)
- I am amazed that I was thrilled to pay $3.69/gallon for gas.
- It has got to be really hot to be inside the Mickey Mouse head (or any other costume) in Florida in August.
- Those costume heads must really stink.
- I love hearing my children laugh.
- More than almost anything.
- The scariest Dairy Queen in the whole world is in Jasper, Florida.
- During the course of five theme parks in five days, we spent $0 on souvenirs, t-shirts, snow globes, bric-a-brac, plastic sand buckets, or assorted branded funk. And did not miss one bit of it.